Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Keep Carbondale Beautiful at (618)525-5525 or email@example.com. Individuals and groups are encouraged to participate. E-mails go out to the volunteer list whenever there is an upcoming opportunity. Come if you can.
Want to adopt* your own spot?
If your group has a Spot, or wants to have a Spot, KCB can send a guest speaker to your meeting.
*Adopt-a-Spot: This year-round program has been in operation for 25 years. Groups help out all over town –
– KCB assigns locations (with your input)
– you schedule your monthly cleanups;
– KCB provides bags and gloves.
FALL 2013 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
1) Saturday Dec 7 6-8? -- We'll be looking for volunteers to walk along the sides of the street along with/behind the last entry in the parade (the Santa float), carrying recycling containers and trash cans. If you'd be interested in that, contact Keep Carbondale Beautiful. (If I don't get volunteers, I'll skip it, so I need to know.)
2) Sunday Dec 8 10 – 11 a.m. We’ll meet at 10 am in the parking lot behind 710 bookstore to pick up gloves and bags, then go and clean up the strip. If it’s raining, we’ll cancel.
Get updates - e-mail us and like us on facebook.com/KeepCarbondaleBeautiful
SPRING 2014 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
January 25 Neighborhood Alliance Meeting at First United Methodist Church. Let's make this a zero-waste event! Come at 8:30 to help set up; stay after meeting till 1:30 to clean up. Two hours of community service. In between, stay and experience grass roots community building and bonding.
February 22 Saturday Cleanup along Wall Street. Meet at 10 am in the south parking lot at Attucks Park on North Wall Street. We'll work till noon.
March 1 - Cleanup Pyles Fork Creek and Preserve. Wear waterproof boots and/or prepare to get wet. Meet at 9 am at Attucks Park on North Wall Street. This is a joint cleanup with Green Earth, Inc.
March 22 Saturday Native Tree and Plant Sale at JALC. Contact KCB for details (esp. botanists).
March 27 and 28 - Training for the Read for the Environment program.
March 31-April 4 Read for the Environment: Travel to a local grade school and read a book about the environment to a 1st-, 2nd-, or 3rd-grade class.
April 19 Spring Cleanup and Recycling Day. Carbondale's major cleanup. Hundreds of volunteers expected. T-shirts and other prizes. Lunch served.
May 3 Saturday Cleanup along the east entrance to town: Route 13* from Giant City Road east. Meet at the parking lot of Taco Bell at 10 am. We'll work till noon.
*Watch the safety video at the bottom of www.dot.state.il.us/aah/guidelines.html